e-K.book captures the contents and attachments of a knowledge base developed with Ardans Knowledge Maker, and shapes it into a website that can be navigated through with any regular browser.
This export format is used for:
- Controling the dissemination of sensitive knowledge (as in the case of military applications for instance).
- Preserving knowledge over time (all information is stored as HTML files).
- Allowing smartphone or tablet browsing in offline and nomadic mode.
- Rolling-out of a knowledge base on a license-free environment (standard web server and browser).
- Providing a format compatible with Microsoft Sharepoint sites.
- Beforehand, it is necessary to consider an AKM knowledge base to operate from. The AKM base constitutes the architecture of the knowledge repository. The future home page of the e-K.Book will display the pre-defined navigation choices : this home page constitutes the 'root' context sheet.
- Generating the e-K.Book
- The e-K.book module queries the AKM database and generates the collection by "clusters" of knowledge elements from:
- the 'root' context sheet, which defines the perimeter of a given work environment,
- a summary document which synthesizes the way the knowledge domain is organised,
- the various internal structures of the AKM knowledge base.
- e-K.Book performance is guaranteed :
- by reconstructing all the selected files, the structures of the sections, their contents, the information of the title blocks (authors, dates) and of the history of the versions of the files,
- taking into account advanced presentations (computer graphics), composition frames from AKM Composer,
- by integrating the access view trees,
- by translating the links between knowledge elements and associated documents as URLs
- by keeping the rights associated with a targeted group of users,
- by integrating the elements of the graphic charter of the project or the organization,
- by constituting a cartographic representation,
- by adding a basic search engine to the browser.
- 01 /04After having collected and structured the knowledge of the experts in an AKM database, the e-K.book tool deploys knowledge efficiently to the entities, and makes validated knowledge very easily availablePhilippe SIMONETTI - CEA